Frisco Freight Broker Associate
Con-way Multimodal, a division of Menlo Worldwide Logistics, provides expanded freight brokerage capabilities and services in the third-party logistics and multimodal freight transportation business, focusing on flexible, efficient capacity solutions for the marketplace. Con-way Multimodal complements Menlo’s best in class 3PL and 4PL services for large customers by offering leverage and personal attention to small- and medium-sized buyers of logistics. Through its network of more than 15,000 carriers, Con-way Multimodal arranges resources to meet the capacity needs of its shippers using over-the-road, intermodal, dry van, flatbed, heavy haul and specialized transportation solutions. The Portland, Ore.-based company is an operating unit of Menlo Worldwide Logistics, LLC, a subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), a $5.6 billion freight transportation and logistics company. Apply today and find out why thousands of people have made Con-way their employer of choice!
The Freight Broker Associate is responsible for handling all customer interface including some sales development, rate negotiation, logistics planning, dispatching and service oversight.
Scope and Accountability:
Applies basic principles, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete standards tasks and assignments. Researches and interprets factual information (e.g., assesses accuracy of detailed information, identifies inconsistencies in data and results); frequently solves problems through research of multiple alternatives.
- Make check calls to carriers in transit and provide service updates to Freight Brokers
- Make check calls to any carrier picking up or delivering during the business hours
- Update any service failures and problem solve for any major service issues when applicable
- Respond to any communications received from customers and Freight Brokers.
- Accurately enter and maintain up to date information on a continuous basis in Power Broker.
- Work quickly to resolve problems that may develop on a load.
- Negotiate rates with customers and carriers on a daily basis to maximize margins, and provide customers with competitive pricing.
- Build and maintain relationships with carriers.
- Ensure that all carrier documentation is completed and received prior to carrier utilization.
- Conduct all activities in alignment with company's core values
- Other duties as agreed upon by management team
- Report daily activities to leadership daily before end of shift.
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service approach with a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and typing/keyboard skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management skills, and ability to multi-task
- Positve, motivated, can-do attitude to excel beyound expectatations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Previous experience in transportation is preferred
- 0-3 years experience in a fast paced customer service environment
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus
- Experience navigating transportation management systems is a plus
Physical demands & work enviroment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to work on a computer terminal and at a desk for long periods. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, including typing, writing, filing, etc.; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The duties of the job are primarily performed in an office environment. There is some exposure to noise in the work environment, which is usually mild to moderate
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. All colleagues may be required to perform duties outside of the above responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Con-way is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Con-way - 22 months ago
Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading...