Posting Job Title: Retail Cable Store Representative -Float
Requisition #: 146592BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Front Counter Representative - Float located in Syracuse, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
To support customers in our Syracuse and Baldwinsville Cable Stores with payments, equipment exchanges, adding additional products and retention. To promote sales and provide courteous, efficient, and quality service to customers at the front counter. Works under general supervision in a fast-paced environment
Essential Job Functions:
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Handles cash payments at the front counter and applies payments using computerized billing system.
- Processes credit card payments.
- Provides excellent customer service by utilizing a working knowledge of all services offered.
- Supports operational and/or administrative functions as needed including handling incoming customer calls.
- Required to prepare deposits by counting and balancing cash and preparing deposit.
- May be required to go to the bank for change and/or make deposits as needed.
- Schedules product installations and service appointments. Uses computerized billing system to obtain service availability dates and to schedule appointments.
- Processes work orders and other job-related paperwork.
- Informs and aggressively markets all cable services to customers in order to retain services or maximize sales of company products/services.
- Troubleshoots service and equipment problems face to face and/or over the telephone with customers and resolves issues or escalates to next level. Interacts with peers, supervisors, and managers across departments to resolve customer issues.
- Reviews billing statements with customers and computes costs associated with the statement in order to resolve discrepancies and to answer questions. Adjusts customer billing statements on the computerized billing system when a service-related problem has occurred. Uses empowerment skills to analyze a situation to resolve issues. This may involve issuing additional credit to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follows scripts as established by department guidelines.
- Effectively uses tools provided (internet, screen pop-ups, etc.) to address customer issues and to update knowledge and skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information, including both personal and financial information, as required by company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Must be able to accurately handle cash payments and balance cash drawer.
- Ability to maintain and enhance working knowledge of continually changing trends in consumer electronics, which includes but is not limited to high definition TV, fiber optics, audio/video, telephony, and high speed date technology.
- Must understand technology as related to all products offered by Time Warner Cable, Central NY Division.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all clients and employees.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills and the ability to learn computerized billing system.
- Must be able to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company.
- Must possess ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available for overtime as required by business operations.
- Must meet customer service compliance standards.
- Has an understanding of departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while on the phone or dealing in person with a customer.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle a high volume of customer transactions in successive order while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work in fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to effectively defuse emotionally charged situations with customers in person and on the phone.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems face to face and/or over the telephone involving customer equipment.
- Ability to ascertain needs of customer in order to retain and/or sell services through persuasive sales and retention techniques.
- Ability to analyze customer's bills, and clearly explain them to the customer.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, keeping in mind company policies and procedures as guidelines in issuing credits, scheduling installation/service calls and satisfying the customer.
- Ability to maintain mental focus.
- Ability to function in a closely monitored environment, including continual monitoring of customer calls and productivity levels.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic math and computer/keyboarding skills required.
- Must possess minimum one year of Windows-based computer experience.
- Understanding of browsers, email and the internet.
- One year face-to-face and/or customer contact experience required.
- One year cash handling experience in a retail or customer facing environment required.
- Experience browsing the internet and sending/receiving email through an Internet Service Provider such as Road Runner, AOL, or EarthLink.
- Six months to one year previous sales and service experience preferred.
This is a customer facing position that will support 4 stores in the Syracuse and Baldwinsville areas. The position is a floating position which requires travel on a regular basis.
Legal/Financial Responsibilities: Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00160 - Syracuse Fair Lakes Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...