The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing the highest level of guest satisfaction to owners, members and guests to ensure the continuous delivery of the Meaning of Yes®. The Front Desk Agent checks-in guests, makes room reservations and performs Front Desk related functions. The Front Desk Agent possesses a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding service to guests. The Front Desk Agent completes additional tasks and special projects assigned by management.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Create, confirm and cancel reservations for owners/guests.
- Ensure all pending arrival information is accurate (i.e., check rates and prepare upcoming arrival packets with necessary materials and information).
- Check in arriving guests and check out departing guests.
- Follow through on guest requests and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Verify guest information as needed (i.e., additional keys, telephone calls and packages).
- Compute billing charges, collect payments and provide change for guest.
- Post charges as received through other departments (i.e., fitness center, housekeeping, logo shop and laundry).
- Answer the telephone with proper etiquette and transfer calls accordingly.
- Communicate with all internal departments including PBX, Housekeeping, Engineering and Security as needed via telephone and email.
- Complete Front Desk Agent checklist daily.
- Reconcile end-of-the-day shift report.
- Maintain necessary hard copies of paperwork of all daily operations and file as needed.
- Complete special projects, stocking, listing items to be ordered and daily bucket checks.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Six (6) months customer service experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or timeshare industry.
- Money handling skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard