Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor, Guest Service Agent
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
o all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
o all room rates, special packages and promotions.
o daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
o room availability status for any given day.
o scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
- Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
- Access all functions of computer system.
- Set up work station with necessary supplies.
- Answer department telephone within specified amount of rings determined by property guidelines, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
- For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
- Register guest in the computer and generate a registration card.
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Assign guest room.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Inform guest of room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
- Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Maintain guest history files on all guests.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
- Handle overbooked or "walked" guests.
- Accommodate room changes.
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
Hcareers.com - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -