Honua Kai Resort & Spa, Hawaii
Front Desk Agent – Casual
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Efficiently and professionally register all owners/guests with the “Aloha Spirit”
Assist all owners/guests with questions and concerns
Ensure the highest quality of service is being offered to all owners/guests
Be an ambassador for the company that will represent the companies core values and standards
Honua Kai is the first whole ownership condominium and townhome beachfront resort to come to Ka’anapali Beach, Maui in over 25 years. This spectacular family resort will operate at the level of a luxurious hotel, offering a variety of amenities including three distinct pool experiences.
Honua Kai offers a variety of whole-ownership real estate opportunities. Two beachfront condominium towers feature studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom suites showcasing magnificent ocean and mountain views. Tucked amid lush tropical gardens, the Na Hale Luana townhomes offer a relaxing, luxurious alternative for families seeking a tropical home-away-from-home.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a representative of Intrawest Hospitality Management
- Properly process all check-ins and check-outs
- To ensure that the required credit card authorization is maintained
- Work with the Bell/Valet department in the assigning of check-ins, check-outs, and suite moves.
- Knowledge of all property amenities and hours of operations
- Handling all guest request and concerns in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain a professional working relationship with Housekeeping and the Maintenance departments
- Posting of all suite charges and credits
- Arranging alternative transportation at guest request
- Perform all job duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Generate and maintain a cooperative and supportive relationship with co-workers, management, owners, and guests.
- Reasoning, decision making, and planning ability a must
- Fulfill all job responsibilities and any additional assigned tasks deemed necessary by the Front Office Manager
- All employees shall adhere to the guidelines and standards set forth in the Intrawest Hospitality Management handbook and policies
- All employees shall answer all phone calls in 3 rings with a warm and welcoming voice
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time
- Cash & Check processing
- End of shift balancing daily work
- Minimum accounting transactions
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Able to assist the PBX department when necessary
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Must be able to work in a high stress and fast paced work environment
- 2 yrs of hospitality and/or related field experience(preferred)
- Word processing, excel, 10 key, and basic math skills a must
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED or higher
- Must be able to speak English
- Must know how to operate office machines and equipment
It is essential that the employee support and integrate the values of Intrawest and interact effectively with guests and staff. The employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to Intrawest values and professionalism through appropriate conduct all the time. The Intrawest values are: Guest Loyalty, Employee Experience, Striving to be the Best, Team Play, Playing Safely and Financial Strength.
Agents are scheduled per business needs.
This is an hourly paid position subject to overtime pay.
Must be available on Holidays and weekends
May be required to work overtime as needed
Flexible shifts including working Holidays and weekends.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Safety Training
- Intrawest Standards of Business Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; input data into the computer while listening/talking to the client for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in a noisy (vocal) environment; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Honua Kai Resort, Maui is an equal opportunity employer.
Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English in a clear and professional manner. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intrawest - 23 months ago