Front Desk Receptionist/Dental Assistant
Looking for the road to success?
Follow the leader in the dental industry.
Dental Care Alliance is a group dental practice that was established in 1991 to provide comprehensive dental care to patients in 8 States. All DCA offices pride themselves on satisfying patient needs, providing high quality general and specialty dental services, and offering patient comfort that is second to none.
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding career, you have come to the right place. We offer employment opportunities that promote professional, personal, and financial growth. We work extremely hard to provide our employees with continuous professional development and a supportive work environment. Competitive wages, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future; make Dental Care Alliance your employer of choice.
We currently have an opening for a Front Desk Receptionist/Dental Assistant at our office located in Detroit, Michigan (30 minutes west of downtown Detroit). This is a full-time position. Ideal candidate will be cross trained on the Front Desk and as a Dental Assistant.
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
2+ years’ experience working at a dental office in the role of a Front Desk Receptionist and cross trained as a dental assistant
X-ray certification for state of Michigan
Experience working with dental insurance
Knowledge of dental terminology
Dental Care Alliance - 30+ days ago