Position Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Organization: Project for Pride in Living ( PPL )
Program: Employment Training
Site: PPL Learning Center – 1925 Chicago Avenue
Supervisor: Employment Outreach Supervisor
Hours: 25 Hours per week (Hrs: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) – Monday through Friday, non-exempt.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide clerical support to the Learning Center front desk operations, open access computer lab, and employment training staff.
- Answer and route telephone calls and direct questions to the appropriate staff.
- Greet and direct guest and participants to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain a presence and sign in/out guests at the front desk for entering and exiting building participants and guest.
- Assist with file creation, copies, mailings and additional clerical tasks as assigned.
- Enter program application information into PPL’s internal database – (Community TechKnowledge).
- Maintain sufficient program specific information such as brochures, handouts, and other items that are used to disseminate program information.
- Cover Program Assistant’s lunch break daily (times to be determined but typically is around 12:30 to 1 p.m.)
- Update job leads on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Work with Employment Staff in a professional manner to support current programming and new initiatives as required.
- Support PPL work and mission by accepting assignments for special projects, etc.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Self-starter with excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Gregarious, friendly, assertive, and energetic personality.
- Be comfortable presenting to groups and on the phone.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and able to navigate computer networks (files, drives, and folders).
- Ability to maximize database(s) to maintain marketing contact information and reach existing and new audiences
- Experienced in social media promotion a plus.
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize.
- Able to think outside the box.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Experience in job readiness activities with economically disadvantaged populations.
- Bilingual – Somali or Spanish languages preferred but not required
- AAS degree in Human Services, Marketing or related field (additional education may substitute for experience).
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Office Administration, Human Services, Recruitment/HR, Marketing, or other closely related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, bend, and communicate. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions and ability to work under generally safe and comfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors may cause discomfort and poses a limited risk of injury.
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Project for Pride in Living - 12 months ago