Terms: 3 Months-Open-Ended Contract
Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience and/or market rate
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, provides technical knowledge in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or producing significant enhancements to existing software. Conducts intermediate level business process analysis, needs assessments, and participates in design sessions with Architects in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Undertakes moderately complex projects requiring additional specialized knowledge in software testing.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
• Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, coding, testing, and implementing new and by modifying existing software applications with full competency.
• Coordinates with business analysts and/or users to determine requirements.
• Collaborates with architects to find technology solutions.
• Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
• Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Participates in the development of software.
• Performs moderately complex analyses of system requirements and of existing business processes and information systems.
• Performs code reviews on peers.
• Assists in more complex systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
• May work on-call shifts on a rotation basis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach or mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Minimum of three (3) years of previous experience required. An additional four (4) years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree and three years of related experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Intermediate knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
• Create standards-compliant, cross-browser-compatible HTML & CSS for visual designs with pixel-level accuracy and attention to detail.
• Work with User Experience and Software Engineering teams to define, maintain, implement, and enforce style guides, standards, reusable mark-up, and best practices for client-side coding.
• Knowledgeable of cross-browser compatibility issues and W3C standards.
• Optimize performance of client-side code taking into account issues of page weight, complexity, Search Engine Optimization, network, user perception, and other effects.
• Experience integrating the front-end with server side technologies (e.g., Java).
• Develop rapid prototypes of potential new products, features, or widgets either as proof of concept or to assist in requirements identification.
• Monitor best practices, trends and new technologies and evaluate for possible adoption
• Assist development teams with client-side coding and bug fixing as needed
• Systems development, implementation, upgrades and analyses
• QA testing, catalyst or unified business modeling, system design and analysis
• Knowledge of enterprise coding standards.
• Hands on experience in writing more complex code.
• Ability to perform code reviews.
• Knowledge of software methodologies.
• Ability to learn new and emerging technologies.
• Ability to lead a group to consensus, solve problems, and accomplish tasks.
• Ability to mentor and train less knowledgeable peers and individuals.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• General business knowledge and concepts.
• Communication skills.
• Team player
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require intermediate skills in one or more of the following:
• Knowledgeable of jQuery.
• Experience with CSS frameworks, specifically 960.gs
• Familiar with Photoshop, Fireworks, or similar tools for working with visual designs
• Familiar with user experience best practices
• Experience working with Axure prototypes
• Experience creating UIs for mobile platforms
• Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of project management/change management.
• Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is a full service Information Technology solutions provider specializing in e-business, ERP and CRM...