The Front End Developer will work to create new and maintain email-based marketing campaigns, newsletters, and web landing pages across all of Beachbody, LLC’s properties and brands. This position will be a technical leader/mentor for other web developers, establish standards and best practices, work with other IT teams (back end, SOA, QA), and continually identify and introduce solutions and efficiencies that improve the overall email marketing space for Beachbody. The candidate for this position should be technically adept with the nuances of cross-email-client development, in addition to cross-platform development, and familiar with email marketing development best practices.
About Your Duties:
The Front End Developer position involves working in day-to-day development and management of email marketing campaigns as well as IT projects across other technology teams. This position will collaborate directly with email marketing stakeholders to identify solutions, provide alternative methods, as well as support and drive the email marketing capabilities and effectiveness throughout the organization based on business/stakeholder needs and priorities.
This candidate should have a passion for code, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to work quickly and efficiently.
About Your Experience:
- 3-4 years of experience in using debug tools (email testing tools, Charles, Chrome Dev Tools, HTTP Tracing, stepping through code/breakpoints, etc.)
- 4 or more years of expert experience in working with Photoshop comps/designs and converting them into semantically valid HTML and CSS for use in Email development
- Experience with templating engines (such as Velocity, SMARTY, etc.), or other ESP-specific dynamic templating solutions
- Experience working with and managing data for email marketing, including database management/stored procedures, etc. a plus
- Specific hands-on experience with ExactTarget, CheetahMail or similar ESP is a plus
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of technical team lead or mentorship experience
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under tight deadlines and ambiguity
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, or CE, or Equivalent Experience
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Beachbody is the creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness & weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®,...