Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month. Currently, there are over 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything.
More than 15,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
You will be working closely with designers, developers, content editors, and video producers to help build Evernote's marketing websites. Increasingly, the web content will also be shown within many of our popular apps. Primary responsibilities will be to develop responsive and bulletproof web designs using the latest web development standards and best practices in HTML, CSS, and JS. You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of website creation, including strategizing and delivering mockups, wireframes, specs, creation of production-ready code, as well as being involved in the QA process. You should be able to deliver with a high level of quality and with great attention to detail. Design skills are a big plus, as we value creativity in all we do.
What you will be doing:
Skills and Background Requirements:
- Working collaboratively with designers to create beautiful webpages with an extreme attention to detail;
- Writing bulletproof HTML and CSS that can support a website that is translated into 20+ languages;
- Organizing assets and CSS for better performance across all the browsers and languages we support;
- Visual implementation and reviews on pages to make sure every detail is correct;
- Enriching user experiences through the implementation of designs;
Please include a portfolio or links to examples of your work.
- An expert level of HTML/CSS;
- Fluency in HTML5 / CSS3;
- Experience with Responsive Web Design;
- Strong Photoshop skills;
- Well-versed in modern web standards and best practices;
- Experienced with WordPress;
- Familiarity with ExpressionEngine;
- A solid understanding of grids in web design and how to implement them systematically;
- An appreciation of finely executed typography on the web;
- Solid experience with testing and developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent experience;
- Ability to define and maintain complex and well crafted stylesheets;
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors such as SASS, LESS, etc.;
- Experience with GIT and Subversion;
- Incredible attention to detail;
- A consistent desire to experiment with new technologies;
- An understanding of current trends and advancements on the web;
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively, and to take direction.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Evernote - Redwood City, CA - 22 months ago