SERTA INTERNATIONAL -NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
TITLE: FRONT OFFICE/RECEPTION CLERK
LOCATION: SERTA-GROUP (HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL)
Provides primary reception function for the Serta-Group office, and performs other general office, light accounting support and general Group office supply inventory. Receives incoming designated Licensee (US, Canadian and other International) emails, mail and other deliveries, and screens and forwards on timely basis to appropriate Group personnel for handling; follows up as needed.
7. Provides assistance with other office functions, travel arrangements, Group meeting coordination assistance and special projects as requested.
- 1. Performs primary reception duties. Answers incoming telephone calls and greets visitors. Provides general information to callers and visitors, screens and forwards calls; takes and distributes messages, and refers calls or visitors to appropriate staff resources. Coordinate with designated R&D contact(s) regarding building security issues.
- 2. Receives, sorts incoming mail and faxes, and distributes to the appropriate internal mailboxes in a timely and accurate manner. Prepares and attaches appropriate postage of outgoing mail and small packages for courier services and/or US mail in accordance with USPS rules. Arrange for special delivery pick-up from courier services. Assist with bulk mailing projects. Coordinate with Group R&D personnel regarding shipments and receipt of larger packages for US mail and/or courier services. Handles fund transfers required for mail, and maintains related records.
- 3. Receives incoming designated Licensee (US, Canadian and other International) emails and mail, screens and forwards on timely basis to appropriate Group personnel for handling; follows up as needed.
- 4. Performs accounting support duties including data entry, light accounting, filing, copying and compiling reports and sending mailers.
- 5. Performs general office duties including preparation of correspondence, memos, regular and ad hoc reports and other materials as requested. Compiles information and maintains various databases and spreadsheet files. Organizes and maintains various computerized and hard copy files and records.
- 6. Maintains proper inventory levels for Group office and kitchen supplies, and reorders as needed using approved vendors. Maintains office equipment (faxes, printer toners, etc.) and contacts office equipment vendors regarding necessary repairs. Follow up with vendors as needed. Prepares related paperwork, documents and records; tracks expenses incurred to budget.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. One year responsible office experience with reception or customer service experience
3. Computer proficiency including intermediate word processing and beginner to intermediate spreadsheet software
4. Accurate keyboard typing speed of 40 wpm
1. Prior accounting support experience
2. Experience utilizing mail postage equipment and general knowledge of U.S. postal service rules
3. Experience utilizing mainframe based systems.
1. Effective and professional communication (written/verbal/telephone/email) and interpersonal skills
2. Strong organizational and follow-up skills with ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks and/or projects on a timely basis and in a fast paced environment while demonstrating ability to work positively under pressure.
3. Ability to work accurately with details.
4. Ability to use judgment and discretion along with ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of the Company.
5. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established internally by department, Serta, other federal, state or local agencies or that are related to pertinent external requirements.
Work is primarily indoors and sedentary in nature. Usage of video display terminals, keyboard equipment and telephones 80% of time. Work involves frequent people contact (telephone and in-person).
SUPERVISED BY: Accounts Payable Supervisor, may receive direction from Accounting Manager and Corporate Controller
PROMOTION FROM: N/A – This is an entry level position.
Serta Mattress Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -