AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE...at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people's lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF is searching for a Front Office Clerk/Benefits Counselor to join our Westside Healthcare Center. This opportunity is to work on a Full Time basis. The salary is based on experience, and we offer a competitive benefits package.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
FRONT OFFICE DUTIES:
Coordinates providers' schedules and maintains appointment templates on system, resolving any scheduling conflicts that arise.
- Meets and greets Healthcare Center patients and visitors, interfacing with them and the general public in a professional, courteous, and sensitive manner.
- Ensures smooth patient flow by ensuring prompt attention to pulling patient charts and necessary medical records.
- Assists in screening all patients to correct billing and financial information. Determines payment source based on information given (i.e., ability to pay, insurance coverage, Medicaid, etc.)
- Accepts and reconciles patient co-payments and submits payments to the Office Administrator on a daily basis.
- Schedules Healthcare appointments and performs appropriate reminder procedures.
- Reviews patient intake materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures up-to-date patient information on computer systems and patient medical records.
- Maintains stock of all Healthcare Center forms and patient brochures, keeping them organized for convenient access.
- Assists with the maintenance of the office supply cabinet.
- Utilizing AHF computer information systems, provides data entry for services and billing information. Ensures that all data entry is performed daily and accurately.
- Enters all patient data into computer systems and maintains patient information systems up-to-date.
BENEFITS COUNSELOR DUTIES:
- Sorts incoming mail and routes to appropriate staff, identifying priority materials.
- Coordinates with appropriate staff for patient referrals.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Conducts patient intake interviews, financial screenings, and registration for AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP).
- Coordinates with Nurse Case Managers and other AHF healthcare providers to assist in the determination and/or eligibility for insurance and financial benefits.
- Verifies benefit eligibility and scope of benefit for private pay clients. Verifies benefit eligibility as required for Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, private insurance, and other public assistance programs or benefits.
- Assists patients in the completion of benefit application or makes appropriate referrals.
- Monitors status of benefit application and follow up on pending applications to ensure timely enrollment/ eligibility.
- Obtains pertinent information from family members and/or significant others as it relates to benefit and financial information.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of patient eligibility/ benefit information in patient records and healthcare center files/computer base.
- Prepares reports as required and assigned.
Attends Benefit Counselors Meeting.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; One year experience in a medical office setting. Medical Assistant Certificate will be accepted in lieu of one year's experience in a medical office.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully , an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and MS Office Word Processing software.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Strong interviewing technique and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and in a sensitive manner with patients, staff, and other healthcare team members.
- Sensitivity to AIDS/ HIV related issues and concerns as they relate to a diverse patient population.
- Ability to work well in a high-stress environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at various healthcare centers.
Certificate in Medical Assisting will be accepted in lieu of one year's experience in a medical office.
Valid California Driver License with proof of liability insurance.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation - 13 months ago