GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities include all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
2. Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
3. Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
4. Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
5. Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
6. Copying and faxing duties.
7. Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
8. Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
9. Perform other duties as required.
10. Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
11. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
- Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- One to three years of experience is preferred in a medical office setting.
HCA Inc - 15 months ago