You will own, manage and enhance an existing in-house developed Java platform that scrapes data from external sources and presents analysis to the business users through Java Swing, Excel and web apps.
In addition you will manage and support existing databases and develop new databases.
The platform is being developed from a shared codebase. You will work with other experienced Java developers who are developing similar tools for other commodity trading desks within Noble.
You will gain excellent insight into the world of commodities as well as receiving support from fellow developers in the IT team.
The position will be based in Noble’s office in Stamford, Connecticut.
This is an excellent opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic developer interested in working hands on in a fast-paced commodities trading environment.
- Developing new solutions for the desk.
- Supporting an existing in-house developed platform.
- Being a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
- Collaborating closely with other developers, business analysts and stakeholders.
- Mastering state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain.
- Solving challenging problems in elegant ways.
- Sharing knowledge across the project team.
- Taking pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration.
- Manage full application life cycle including production releases and associated support.
Key Results Area
Deliver quality applications that meet user requirements
Creative and innovative use of technology (including open source frameworks) to speed up application development
Learn existing systems in use to be in position to advise users/management/BAs of the best approach for delivering to user needs
A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics or equivalent work experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with non-technical business and IT staff at all levels of the company
- Running your own short timescale projects (gather requirements direct from the business, design, develop and test your solutions)
- Proven working experience with Java and web technologies
- Self motivated with an ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and to multitask to meet competing deadlines
- Web technologies
- Service oriented architectures
- Non SQL databases
- SQL databases