Front Office Manager is responsible for overseeing all front office operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards ensuring total guest satisfaction. A combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is required. A minimum of two years experience as an assistant front office manager and a college degree, or equivalent, is preferred.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE: Manage the Front Office operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchiser policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
Organizational Scope: Position is responsible for the short term planning and day-to-day operations of the Front Office Department. The major areas of responsibility include: Front Desk, PBX, Bell Stand, Concierge, Valet, and Transportation. Recommends, implements and monitors the Department’s budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Front Desk Office (Front Desk, PBX, Bell Stand, Concierge, Valet, and Transportation) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service. (20%)
2. Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implement, and monitor the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service. (20%)
3. Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing ad monitoring complains, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. (15%)
4. Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. (10%)
5. Liaise with the sales stadd to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues. (10%)
6. Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance. (5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (5%)
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
2. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
3. Perform the Manager on Duty functions as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: From two to three full years of full employment in a related position with IHR or other Hotel Companies.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires knowledge of discipline-specific CROSSROADS policies, procedures and services and general knowledge of other departments in the hotel.
Requires supervision/management skills.
Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
Ability to communicate in English. Second language desireable.
Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
No. of employees supervised: Supervise eleven to thirty employees.
Travel required: Minimal. May be required to attend supplementalManagement training classes.
Hours Required: Forty hours to fifty over a five day period. Day to evening ad
Discover a haven on the doorstep of downtown at Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South. This Indianapolis hotel is within eight miles of downtown Indy, with the central business district less than 15 minutes along I-65. We have a great location among south Indianapolis hotels; surrounded by 14 municipal parks, with numerous nearby public golf courses. Indulge family and sporting pursuits during a stay in Indianapolis – take the whole gang to meet the locals at Indianapolis Zoo’s Dolphin Adventure Pavilion. Watch the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. This south Indianapolis hotel is 20 minutes from the high-octane thrills of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the famous Indy 500.
Relax in a Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South guest room – they all have clean and fresh Hampton beds®. Accessible rooms are designed for comfort. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access throughout this south Indianapolis hotel. Hold briefings and post-Pacers celebrations for 25 in our Hospitality Suite. Rent AV from the business center to polish presentations.
Start the day with Hampton’s free hot breakfast – choose favorite toppings for oatmeal and fresh waffles to accompany hot and cold selections. In a rush? On weekdays, we’ll give you an On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday. Consult our local experts – the friendly Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South team – for recommendations on the best restaurants that surround this south Indianapolis hotel.
Division : Rooms - Front Office/Guest Services
Division : Hotel Manager - General Manager(Asst.)
Division : Rooms - Rooms Director
Facility : Hampton Inn Indianapolis - South
Category : Hospitality
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job