The Country Inn & Suites in New Orleans is seeking a full time Front Office Manager to manage the Front Office by developing and implementing strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, employees and guests.
• Creates the first impression by supervising the front office areas.
• Develops and implements processes and procedures for the front office which support achievement of service and financial goals.
• Prepares and analyzes reports in order to develop an informative database for decision making and to communicate upcoming business throughout the hotel.
• Ensures front desk handles billing and cash in accordance with hotel’s standards.
• Plans and coordinates hotel housing activities by working closely with Sales, Housekeeping and other departments.
• Communicates and reinforces the vision for Country Inn & Suites “Be Our Guest” program to employees.
• Ensures that employees provide Country Inn & Suites “Be Our Guest” program and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
• Uses teamwork to support guests and employees.
• Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
• Provides employees with the tools, training, and environment they need to deliver Country Inn & Suites “Be Our Guest” program and teamwork.
• Communications performance expectations and provide employees with on-going feedback.
• Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
• Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customer and meet and exceed the needs of both the customer and the company.
• Maintain an InnCase Market with stock and monitoring/maintaining prices to achieve maximum profitability
• Understands the role of the bell stand, valet stand, concierge, and other hotel departments
• Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed.
• Actively participate in weekly revenue meetings to achieve the maximum profitability and market share for the hotel.
• Ensures all safety and security policies of the hotel are adhered to.
• Stand-up and/or One-on-One Training…Skilled in the use of techniques and strategies required to deliver training material in group and one-on-one settings.
• Understands the reservations process including the role of the WRS, distribution channels and reservations flow.
• Payroll control and scheduling….Determine appropriate staffing levels based on forecasted revenue and anticipated business and create staffing schedules which optimize the balance between desired profitability, customer demands and employee desires.
• P&L Management…understands how a P&L is prepared and the line items impacted by department and how to impact results.
• Budget management…skill in developing and adhering to department budget.
• Performance Management, Supervisory…demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
• Coaching… Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
• Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of hotel Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager experience.
• Strong attention to detail to ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when handling all situations.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of the hotel.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, overnight, holidays and weekends.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Spanish as a second language a plus, but not mandatory
• Full understanding of all Microsoft Office software including Outlook.
• Full understanding of Opera PMS software.
• Knowledge of Micros POS software a plus.
• Working knowledge of PBX systems
• Ability to stand the entire shift
• Ability to lift over 20 pounds
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group - 22 months ago