We are the oldest and largest organization of free standing emergency rooms. First Choice Emergency Room is revolutionizing the delivery of emergency medical services for adult and pediatric emergencies, whether major or minor. Our Emergency Rooms are innovative, freestanding, fully equipped facilities where patients receive high quality emergency treatment without delay.
*PART TIME DAY & NIGHT SHIFTS*
- Answers by phone or in person, patient inquiries regarding First Choice ER and services provided.
- Stands and greets all patients and explains clearly the concept behind First Choice Emergency Rooms and patient co-payment and insurance information.
- Expedites emergency medical cases as needed to the nurse or physician on duty.
- Verifies and documents patient insurance eligibility information and co-payment amounts.
- Reviews and processes patient registration forms and medical records ensuring they contain all necessary documents.
- Collects fee for Prompt Pay services and co-payment.
- Possess work ethic characteristics of honesty, integrity and accountability.
- Ability to incorporate excellent customer service skills in dealing with personnel, physicians, peers and clients.
- Must express information in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- CPR certification
- Associate Degree or equivalent in experience
- Understanding of insurance carrier plan configurations in respect to calculations of coinsurance, deductibles and percentages paid.
- Medical office/hospital back office
- Customer Service background
- Stable job history