Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Front Office Supervisor
Honua Kai is the first whole ownership condominium and townhome beachfront resort to come to Ka’anapali Beach, Maui in over 25 years. This spectacular family resort will operate at the level of a luxurious Resort, offering a variety of amenities including three distinct pool experiences.
Honua Kai offers a variety of whole-ownership real estate opportunities. Two beachfront condominium towers feature studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom suites showcasing magnificent ocean and mountain views. Tucked amid lush tropical gardens, the Na Hale Luana townhomes offer a relaxing, luxurious alternative for families seeking a tropical home-away-from-home.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager and the Front Office Assistant Manager in coordinating front office activities of Resort, resolving problems arising from guests' complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through delegation to subordinates.
- Uphold and encourage the values and standards of Intrawest Corp.
- Help in coordinating guest events and activities.
- Assisting Management with assigning duties and shifts to workers and observing performances to ensure adherence to Resort policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Resort policies and services.
- Advises the guest of available activities on property.
- Assists Management by greeting important guests.
- Assists Management in arranging for special services.
- Assist guests and other Honua Kai Resort Staff efficiently, courteously and professionally in the front office functions, while maintaining resort standards of service, quality and hospitality at all time.
- Assist Management to ensure proper coverage in all front office related areas to include bell/valet; in addition to responding to guest complaints
- Assist Management to oversee guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assisting Management in pre-registration blocking and set up when needed. Assisting with the coordination of pre-keying of group arrivals.
- Have thorough knowledge of resort credit and check cashing procedures and policies and adhere to them.
- Have thorough knowledge of resort, rates, packages, and discounts; how to handle them and how they relate to other departments.
- Develop intimate knowledge of reservation computer system.
- Develop intimate knowledge of suite locations, types and outlets, hours of operation and staff.
- Assist Management by notifying housekeeping of early/late check ins and outs, and special requests.
- Maintain a working knowledge of reservations department, accepting same day and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation policy.
- Attend to guest check outs and special handling of accounts, to include billing scenarios, city ledgers, multiple folios, transfers and disputed charges.
- Have knowledge of standard operating procedures for safe deposit boxes.
- Knowledge of operating procedures for mail, package and message handling.
- Read and initial pass on log, read bulletin boards for updated information. Have available daily event sheets. Ensure all items on AM and PM shift checklists are accomplished.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to Management.
- Assist Management with the assigning of duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to Resort policies and established operating procedures.
- Assist Management by answering inquires pertaining to Resort policies and services.
- Any other duties assigned to by the General Manager, Front Office Manager or Front Office Assistant Manager.
Assists Management in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the front office, Bell Staff, and Night Audit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SMS, Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Must have basic typing and computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license required with at least three (3) years driving experience and must meet company’s driving requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.