The Front Store Financial Planner is responsible for the development of the annual category budget and for the monthly management of an accurate category forecast, based upon the Category Managers (CM) direction. The Planner works simultaneously across multiple categories totaling approximately $1.0 to 2.0 billion in Sales, providing multiple CM’s with analysis, insight into trends and recommendations for actions to maximize sales, GMROI and margin.
The Planner is a key member of the merchandise team interacting constantly with the CM, the Store Planner, the DC Planner, Promo Planning and all levels of merchandise management to ensure that the category budget and forecast is accurate, realistic and consistent with both CVS financial goals and the merchandise category objectives. The planner will be responsible for ensuring the financial accuracy of 8-11 front store categories, interact with 1-2 Divisional Merchandise Managers, and interact with up to 6-7 Category Managers.
1. Development of the detailed category budget. Use category specific input from the Category Manager and high level corporate financial direction to produce category budgets. Reconcile the category budget with the target. Recognize issues, such as lower than anticipated sales growth, and communicate with the appropriate parties.
2. Management of the monthly category forecast.
- Develop detailed category sales, margin and inventory plans.
- Lend financial expertise and guidance to the CM’s decision-making process.
- Communication with finance to ensure reconciliation to the financial plan.
3. Produce Analysis and Recommend Actions to optimize Category Sales, GMROI and Margin. Recognize and highlight opportunities and issues.
- Constantly monitor in-season performance on all variables; build forecasts that accurately include current trends and knowledge of upcoming events.
- Incorporate CM input into the plans.
- Provide the same guidance as in the budgeting process.
- Be able to communicate the key drivers of the plans and actions that are being taken to achieve the plans.
- Ensure the reasonability of the plans.
- Challenge inputs where appropriate.
- Key member of the merchandising team, which includes planning, category management and inventory management.
- Coordinate the development of seasonal plans and reconcile to category plan.
- Integrate assortment plans, promotional plans and merchandising plans into the forecast.
4. Work closely with Promo Planning, Store Planning, Category Management and DC Planning to reconcile buy quantities, and impact on Vendor Allowances, to the Budget or Approved Forecast based on Sales and MD adjustments.
CVS Caremark is a Fortune 18 company with 200,000 employees and over $100B in revenue. It is the only fully integrated pharmacy health care company in the United States. Our offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care allow us to provide greater convenience and choice for patients, improve health outcomes, and lower overall health care costs for plan sponsors and participants.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Retail or Finance/Accounting
- 10 years of overall Retail Planning experience with a large retailer, creating detailed annual budgets and in-season forecasts for Sales, Inventory, GMROI and Margin.
- Ability to produce accurate analysis.
- Software skills including Advanced Excel, Access, planning system knowledge and data warehouse queries.
- Retail planning skills (Proven understanding of the retail method of accounting).
- Ability to communicate effectively across many levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence decisions by creating a strong case for action, using analytical findings.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Team Building Skills ability to partner across departments to drive decisions.
CVS/pharmacy - 10 months ago
Size matters to CVS Caremark (formerly CVS), the nation's #2 drugstore chain and a leading pharmacy benefits manager with more than 60...