2U is changing the way great students and great universities think about online higher education. Founded by a unique team of education veterans, 2U, Inc. is a private company that partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online.
We supply universities with the tools, expertise, and global recruiting needed to compete in a space currently dominated by unexceptional programs. 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that enhance traditional offline curricula, while also providing key logistical components, including comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation.
What We’re Looking For
2U is looking for a rockstar front-end developer with a strong PHP background and Wordpress experience.
The Front-End Developer will develop and maintain new and existing Wordpress websites and landing pages. The developer will work closely with a project manager to meet a series of critical deadlines. On-going work may include custom HTML tabs for Facebook, and other marketing-related initiatives.
Things That Should Be in Your Background
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- 3+ years of Wordpress development experience
- Extensive knowledge of Wordpress/Custom Theme Development/Plugins
- Strong PHP and MySQL experience
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Appreciation of good design/UI
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize efficiently and multi-task
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Awareness and interest in new marketing trends and technologies
Founded in 2008 by a unique team of education veterans with unparalleled experience, 2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online to students globally.
2U supplies universities with the tools, expertise, capital, and global recruiting needed to build and support programs of quality and scale.
- Technology: 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that give universities the ability to deliver traditional offline curricula in a unique online learning environment.
- Instructional Design : Our instructional designers work closely with faculty to translate classroom courses into a compelling combination of synchronous and asynchronous online and real-world experiences, using the best educational and social technologies available. We work side-by-side with professors to evolve those courses. We make improvements as usage and learning patterns emerge and new technologies become available.
- Infrastructure: 2U provides the support infrastructure and the logistical components of our partners’ online programs. This includes comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation and beyond, as well as practical learning experiences in communities around the world.
- Resources: 2U makes an upfront investment of over $10 million in each of our partner programs. By supplying capital and global marketing capabilities, we enable universities to give high-performing students around the world a transformational educational experience.
Since our founding, 2U has partnered with some of the most prestigious research universities to deliver groundbreaking online degree programs. You can read about our partners here ( www.2U.com/partners ).
And if you’re ready to help our team ( www.2U.com/team ) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us ( www.2U.com/careers ).
Why It’s Great to Join Our Team
There are plenty of reasons, but here are a few:
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. That’s not all! Admissions Counselors receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependants.
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.