Front-end Developer, Blackboard Mobile |
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful components of various mobile devices. We help universities and other institutions take teaching, learning, and campus life mobile – for everyone, wherever they are! With Blackboard Mobile solutions implemented for our clients, they have the power to take education farther than ever imagined.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic mid to senior level Front-end Engineer who will play an integral role in designing and developing a beautiful and robust web applications (both internal and external).
• Working with high-quality assets including (but not limited to) mock-ups for web and mobile web user-interface designs.
• Working with developers to set standards and define best practices for coding and design to create the overall user experience for internal and external web apps.
• Working with APIs, RESTful interfaces, and JSON objects.
• MVC JS framework (AngularJS, Backbone, Ember, ect.).
• Managing personal schedule of projects and deadline requests with little oversight.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience, in the field of engineering.
• Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS).
• Have the creativity and judgment to translate vision into elegant execution.
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
• Can write JS by hand, not only copy paste.
• Understands design patterns and works in a modular architecture.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
• Be able to work in a Mac environment.
Some of our Great Benefits
• San Francisco office in the heart of Jackson Square – surrounded by North Beach and the FiDi.
• Flexible work schedule - we want you to create amazing products, not punch a ticket.
• Subsidized public transportation... or bike to work!