Our engineering team is both distributed and collaborative, which means a better workplace if you’re independent and self-motivated. The best candidates will demonstrate a deep understanding of all aspects of front-end development, including usability, progressive enhancement, SEO, analytics, and delighting the user while maintaining security, crossplatform/browser compliance, accessibility, scalability and performance standards.
Why work for Safari Books Online?
• We value your time and attention. We don’t ask you to give up your life for your job, and we try not to waste your time with unnecessary overhead.
• We’re proud of a proven business model built on real technical learning and professional development. Technologists use our products to make the web better every day.
• We’re committed to helping our employees truly broaden their talents and ambitions. We encourage managers to learn Github and developers to understand our P&L.
• Maintain and extend existing responsive, progressively enhanced HTML5 web apps
• Fluency with HTML5 and CSS3
• Familiarity with concepts from the various JS frameworks such as Spine, Knockout, Ember, Angular, etc.
• Opinionated but openminded when it comes to JS code conventions
• Experience with version control systems, especially git
• Proven realworld experience with mobile web development
• Experience with testing, particularly JS unit tests and Selenium inside a large JS code-base
• Knowledge of Django and Python is important
Boston or San Francisco desirable but remote is OK too!
Safari(R) Books Online is a joint venture between the industry's leading technical publishers O'Reilly Media, Inc., and the Pearson...