Bloom Health is looking for a Front-end Web Designer/Developer to support creating remarkable online customer experiences. We are seeking a candidate with consumer-focused web design experience across different industries and product suites.
A successful Front-end Web Designer/Developer at Bloom will create functional user experience flows that match our brand values and tone. He/she will collaborate internally with the Marketing and Product teams to conceptualize and prototype ideas that make a better consumer experience. This person will also have an insatiable curiosity to infuse market feedback from “outside the box”, non-health care related resources throughout the design process as well as member feedback.
Interested applicants should submit an online portfolio with work samples.
- Plan and code user interfaces that meet business, brand and user requirements while demonstrating a high level of attention to detail in layout, color, typography and other interface elements
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Marketing, Product Management and Technology, to continually improve the customer experience across all of Bloom’s web products
- Support Marketing and Product Managers with concept development, ideation and detailed specifications for user interfaces of current and future solutions
- Create mockups (from wireframes to interactive flows) for client review; translate these mockups to workable prototypes for the Technology team
- Manage and update multiple design demo prototypes
- Drive usability testing, from design and execution to the evaluation and incorporation of the results
- Use web analytics to recommend and implement improvements to the customer experience
- Support additional projects and take on responsibilities assigned by the Head of Marketing and Product.
If you have any of these skills, it's a Bonus
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience designing internal and external consumer-facing web interfaces with a online portfolio of showing samples of your work
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, specifically HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- A firm grasp of design principles and how they pertain to the web
- History of participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched web and/or software applications
- Proven track record for designing simple, but compelling user interfaces and experiences
- Experience with design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with web content management systems
- Desire to be a part of an agile software development environment
Why you should apply
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing and highly dynamic organization
- Experience with other web technologies such as PHP, version control (e.g. Git), and web frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
Bloom makes an investment in its employees. From day one, employees are encouraged to develop their careers and Bloom supports this through hands on opportunities and enrichment activities. To get a feel for what it's like to work at Bloom, check out what its like to Work With Us .
Bloom Health is a company dedicated to helping employers and their employees find better health care, together. Using a defined contribution approach, Bloom Health helps employers determine how much to spend on health care, and then helps employees find the most suitable health insurance and health programs on which to spend their health care dollars.
Bloom Health, www.gobloomhealth.com, is in downtown Minneapolis. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com .
Bloom Health - 18 months ago
Bloom Health is a technology-focused company dedicated to helping people take control of their health benefits. Using a defined...