Front-End Web Developer |
Join the Digium web development team behind sites like www.asterisk.org, www.digium.com and www.asteriskexchange.com.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented Web Developer with strong web design skills who°s not only passionate about front-end design and site usability, but also prides themselves on their technical expertise with modern HTML and CSS. This position requires collaborating with Marketing, Product Management, and internal stakeholders to produce production-ready HTML, web designs, and other creative content. You will also be responsible for maintaining and managing the existing HTML and CSS of our websites, making sure it is consistent, efficient and well formatted.
- Design and build responsive, mobile-first HTML/CSS sites in a CMS setting.
- Day-to-day site content maintenance and enhancements.
- SEO optimization of new and existing sites.
- Design and build promotional microsites.
- Help establish and enforce style guidelines across websites.
- Communicate proactively, notifying managers of progress and workload.
Additional Desired Skills
- Have a solid understanding of UI/UX design.
- Have a mobile-first approach to design.
- Experience with Drupal or other widely used CMS.
- Experienced implementing responsive sites. Experience with Drupal, Drupal Theming and Drupal resposive theme engines like Omega is a plus.
- Experienced and talented front-end developer with a modern toolset: HTML5, CSS3, SASS (or LESS), 960 Grid, Boostrap, Media Queries, Shims, Shivs, jQuery, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You°ll be helping non-technical internal customers translate business requirements into actionable design/development specifications.
- Superior organization and documentation skills. You°ll be responsible for a variety of web-based systems, and should be able to demonstrate your attention to detail and willingness to provide thorough, clear documentation as you work.
- Strong visual design sensibilities (aesthetics, chromatics, typography).
- Strong knowledge of web standards and cross-browser, cross-platform development and testing. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to use CSS for table-less layout.
- Very comfortable using of Photoshop and Illustrator to generate website designs as well as promotional ads / graphics.
When applying, please remember to:
- Be a champion for users° needs from requirements gathering through solution definition, with wireframe mockups and detailed visual design mockups.
- Have a strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, color harmony, etc.
- Ability to use web analytics and heatmap data to understand areas of improvement in a website, and take proactive action.
- Comfort with the Unix command line.
- Experience with version control software like Git or SVN is a plus.
- Experienced working with Mac OSX and Adobe CS. Understanding of the web development lifecycle, including development, staging and QA.
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as PHP is a big plus. You should be able to work efficiently alongside both creative and web application development peers.
Include a short cover letter describing to us what interests you in web development, what are you excited about, how your background fits with what we°re doing, and why you want to work with us. You can write in on the form to the right, or include it along with your resume. Attach your resume in either plain text or pdf format (only plain text or pdf, please). Sample sites/designs - we need you to show enthusiasm for past projects you have created; show them off to us! Note that you will also receive an email to complete your Smarterer tests. You will be quizzed about CSS, HTML, jQuery and Drupal. Please take the time to complete each test. Digium is an equal opportunity employer
Digium, Inc. - 18 months ago
Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, created, owns and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source...