Front-End Web Engineer
New Technology Development
Rentrak measures 85,000 movie screens in 18,000 theaters in 36 countries. That means that every time a customer purchases a movie ticket our system processes that data. Rentrak measures viewing on over 20 million televisions through the United States. That means that every time one of those viewers presses a button on their remote control, Rentrak gets that data.
Our measurement doesn’t stop with big screens or home televisions. We get data for internet television, mobile devices and video rentals. So when we say our engineers deal with BIG DATA, we mean that Rentrak processes more transactions a day than every major credit card company combined.
Rentrak is currently seeking talented software engineers to develop the front end applications that can be used to visualize and transform these mountains of data into interactive reports and data feeds that support the entertainment industry. What does it take to be a front end software engineer at Rentrak? Well, we’re looking for engineers to help solve hard problems in a fast paced environment. If you like the following then this job’s for you:
If this sounds like the kind of work you want to do here are some of the requirements we are looking for:
- Working in small teams practicing an agile Kanban process.
- Collaborate with business owners to formulate the best solutions for our customers with new and innovative products.
- Use your technical talents to help create robust reports that present data in intuitive and highly usable formats.
- Help drive the evolution of our presentation platforms and technologies as we lead the way in new data visualization paradigms.
- Investigate and leverage new technologies towards the goal of improving performance, usability and visualization.
So what does Rentrak have to offer you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major or years of equivalent experience and training.
- Experience in the design, development and release of client side driven applications. Especially those driven by server side APIs utilizing AJAX and JSONP.
- Experience with consuming and providing RESTful APIs.
- Experience in client-side performance. Exposure to pre-deployment build processes including tools like Grunt and RequireJS is a plus.
- Experience in client-side debugging and profiling with tools like Firebug and Chrome Devtools
- Experience with working with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases is a plus. PostgreSQL experience is a plus.
- We are an Open Source shop, so experience with Linux and friends is desirable.
- Today we utilize C++, Perl and PostgreSQL but tomorrow we may be using Scala, Ruby and/or Python. What can you bring to the table ?
The answer is simple - our unique environment! We operate with the flexibility and energy of a start-up organization but have the backing of a 30 year old publicly traded company. We're inventing new products and have a solid customer base eager to use them!
We also understand and value our engineers. Our engineers work hard here, taking stunningly large amounts of data and doing an amazing job of turning it into critical systems for the movie, television and cable industry. So we know that hard work has to be balanced out with fun and play. What does that mean?
If that wasn't enough, Rentrak is located in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Portland is known for its outdoor activities, creative food culture, and lively arts scene. Rentrak also has easy access to Portland's mass transit system, and has a large number of bike commuters.
- We game on our Xbox 360 in our relaxation lounge while enjoying the free juice and soda, free fruit and free snacks.
- We have debates about whether it is harder to Ascend in NetHack or make it through Hardcore Inferno in Diablo 3.
- We have company sponsored hackathons; sometimes coding, sometimes playing esoteric board or card games. All while enjoying pizza, snack, soda and juice.
- We've gone to movie premieres, played at fun centers, gone crazy at laser tag, jumped out of airplanes, run Hood to Coast, rented bowling alleys...the list goes on and on....
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
Rentrak Corporation - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -