About the Company
Fan is the simplest way for people to find, watch and share the movies and TV shows they love. The Fan service is available today on the Web and through an award winning iOS app, giving consumers an easy way to discover more than one million movies and shows across 29 entertainment services, including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, ABC, NBC, Comedy Central, Xfinity, and more. On launch in 2011, Fan for iPad shot to the top of Apple's App Store charts including Top Free Apps, Staff Picks, What's Hot, and New & Noteworthy.
In addition, as you may have read about in the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, USA Today (and many more), the company unveiled Fan TV -- a revolutionary new way to watch TV -- at D: All Things Digital in May 2013. To learn more about Fan TV check it out at www.fan.tv/tv
Founded in 2011, Fan is based in Silicon Valley and backed by the investors behind TiVo, Netflix and Sonos. To learn more about Fan got to www.fan.tv
About the Position
We're currently looking for a motivated engineer to help drive the forward direction of our Web Team. Candidates should expect to be involved in heavy client side interaction. Those with a "can do" attitude, who are driven by research, problem solving and are up for a challenge will do well. This role surrounds continuous improvement of existing features and rollout of new features as we continue to build out our Web product.
Work with the Team to drive the development process and implementation of the front-end solutions
Provide highly creative solutions and guidance for projects.
Desire to push the envelope of web development and explore new technologies
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails or Sinatra
- Deep understanding of web standards and best practices (HTML5/CSS3 a must)
- Experience with version control system and Client side templating system.
- Experience with mobile design and responsive design.
- Strong eye for compelling visual and user-focused design
- Awareness of new technologies, frameworks and resources
- Cross browser compatibility issues
- Solid understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combined with at least 3+ years in front-end development roles.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
* Fan is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against reality TV fans, drama fans, horror fans, Doctor Who and Merlin fanatics, foreign and indie film fans, film school informed fans, blockbuster action fans, or Tom Cruise fans, except where clearly unable to quote favorite movies and shows as in this case the workplace would have trouble communicating when surrounded by passionate entertainment fans.