At Electric Imp, we ’re inventing new ways for people to interact with everyday gadgets, from mousetraps to garage doors to coffee pots using their smartphone, tablet, or web browser. To get there, we°re building cross-platform tools that are powerful enough to inspire hackers, yet approachable and elegant enough to be appealing to everyone. |
As a Front-end Developer here, you ’ll responsible for building our web-based IDE for developers and hackers to create their devices, as well as a consumer-oriented interface that helps users connect and configure their devices as easily as flipping a switch.
Our ideal candidate has ample experience on teams with designers and server engineers, thrives when learning new technologies and is passionate about rock-solid UIs.
What you ’ll be doing:
- You have a great sense of humor and people around you always seem to be in stitches (not literally)
- You ’re passionate and it shows in everything you do and everything you talk about You get excited when you get an LED to blink
- Implementing visual designs using clean, reusable templates and stylesheets
- Building fast, scalable, real-time user interfaces
- Working closely with designers and server engineers
In our former lives we built the iPhone and designed Gmail. Together we°re working on something even more revolutionary, and we need your help. We°re a small team of diverse professionals from Apple, Google, Facebook and more, and we°re growing fast.
- You ’re a pro at HTML5, CSS3/DOM animation
- You ’re a rockstar in jQuery
- Bonus points if you ’ve got a few or all of these under your belt: backbone.js, raphael.js, socket.io, node.js
Show us your stuff and we°ll show you ours.
We have a maker mentality and are keen on people who have built interesting stuff on their own, whether it°s physical or virtual. If you°re intrigued and can work in Los Altos, California, drop us a line, resume, portfolio or manifesto. If we like your stuff we°ll invite you to meet the team and see what we°re working on.