Does creating responsive and innovative user experiences while leveraging services and APIs excite you? Want to impact the worlds largest online marketplace mobile web experience?
The Tablet/ Mobile Web Team is looking for a seasoned Front-end Web Developer to build responsive applications for eBay Inc. This is an opportunity for you to build innovative user experience using cutting edge technologies while impacting the mobile web presence for ebay.com as well as many of the international sites and potentially other eBay adjacencies. In joining this team will have an opportunity to be a part of eBays next growth area; mobile.
eBays Tablet/Mobile Web Team is focused on reshaping tablet/mobile commerce by delivering the best experiences across all devices/platforms. This team works on creating complex and business-critical features for our mobile platforms/frameworks and applications. Join this team and work in an open and collaborative work environment where you will be empowered to expand your knowledge.
View what you will be working on: touch.ebay.com
What will you do?
- Define, design, implement, and test software applications for eBay's mobile web.
- Segment and design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise relevant to eBays deployment and business model.
- Senior engineers will have the additional opportunity to manage (provide direction and assign tasks to other employees), lead and impact planning.
- Should be able to work with offshore and third party development groups and contractors.
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties
- Strong experience building cross browser compatible responsive websites.
- Experience with XML Schemas, AJAX, SOA services, and WSDL.
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience in Java application profiling, debugging and solving DB performance issues is desirable.
- Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
- Ability to verbalize/write your ideas in a clear concise manner.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
eBay - 9 months ago
Sr. Web Developer
Elevate Recruiting Group
Palo Alto, CA
Elevate Recruiting Group
- 30+ days ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...