What we need:
- You should know how to write clean, semantic HTML markup and know CSS like the back of your hand.
- Know WordPress. You must be able to build a theme without using a framework like Hybrid or Genesis. This includes following correct theme standards and script loading. We will require at least one sample.
- Basic knowledge of JQuery or comparable framework. You should know how to load it correctly and accomplish simple tasks with it (e.g. building a tabbed interface or using a cycle slideshow.)
- Experience with responsive and mobile development. We currently build sites that are responsive as well as mobile specific sites.
Things we would love to see:
- Immersion in the WordPress community. We find that good candidates are often people who have taken the initiative to be involved on their own. If you attend WordCamps or speak at meetups, please tell us about it!
- Familiarity with Git and other version control systems. These do not currently play a large role in our development but we are looking to implement them.
- Proficiency with design programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. Sometimes simple changes will need to be made to designs and it takes pressure off of our art department if you are able to make them on your own.
- Great communication skills. Clients are non technical and sometimes need help with basic tasks.
- Examples of code, whether released as open source contributions or private samples built for clients. There will also be a proficiency test in the in person interview.
We will be interviewing candidates immediately with intentions of hiring within 10 business days. Job is a temporary to permanent position in our Atlanta office with a 60-day probationary period to make sure we’re both happy. Here are some of the perks you get for working with us:
- Competitive salary
- 50% of medical and vision paid
- 10-days paid vacation, 1 personal day and company holidays
- Casual work environment - shorts and t-shirts are the norm for the programmers. Sales people have to stay suited up.
- Access to the best tools - Quad Core 15” MacBook pro loaded with 16 gigs of Ram and creative suite and all the programming tools you need to do the job. We have an in house printing press and a staff of amazing designers!
- Opportunity to help shape the direction of some awesome projects.
- Want that new WordPress development book or Internet training to help brush up on a technology to finish that plugin? Done.
- Margarita Fridays are tradition.
- Team outings are the norm. In December, we closed the office for our Holiday party and took the team bowling. Most recently we took a field trip to our new office space.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please contact us and provide a description of yourself as well as your online portfolio, resume and any other code samples. The more you provide, the better your chances of a response on our part.