Client is one of the top e-commerce sites on the web, seen and shopped by millions of customers each day. Client’s UI Engineering team is responsible for building the innovative, responsive, and scalable online experiences that make up several client web properties.
We are seeking a skilled UI Engineer to join our development team. You will be responsible for ensuring that things work as well for customers in a browser as they do in a mockup. A successful candidate will be highly proficient in developing rich interactive user experiences, with the ambition to continuously learn new technical skills and mentor less-experienced developers. This role opens up pathways to additional technical advancement as well as leadership opportunities within client.
- Bridge the gap between design and technology, pairing with visual designers, information architects, and other engineers/developers to build pixel-perfect user experiences.
- Find UI bugs and eliminate them. Cleaning up old and broken code should rank high on your list of therapeutic activities.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques - and be prepared to propose new ideas when there is strong business value.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of proficiency in one or more object oriented programming languages (Java, Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP).
- 4 or more years of expertise with debugging code and triaging issues.
- 1 or more years' experience leading a project team, standards group and/or mentoring other developers.
- Ability to work in an ATG environment (JSPs, droplets, etc.)
- Experience using version control systems such as SVN or Git.
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira or ClearQuest.
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux command line.
- Experience with rapid UI prototyping and pairing with UX experts to quickly develop new designs.
- Experience with unit testing, test-driven development or functional test automation.
- Experience developing for mobile/tablet form factors.
- Experience implementing analytics tracking.
- Experience coding for web accessibility standards.
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3.
Please complete the following and send back with your updated resume.
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card / Others):
Tanson is EOE/AA
Tanson Corp. is a Minnesota based Technology Company offering competitive services in IT consulting and staff augmentation,
providing technology staffing, consulting, and project-based services in onsite, offsite and offshore environments. To view
all our positions take a look at "Careers" at http://www.tansoncorp.com/
Tanson Corp. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard