Job Summary (Primary Function)
Picks, assembles, packages product according to customer specifications by way of supervisor instructions.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
1. Accurately and reliably prepares and batches daily customer orders.
2. Accurately and reliably hand picks specific products by means of a specific customer order and according to established departmental policies and procedures.
3. Accurately and reliably reads and interprets hundreds of customer orders per day.
4. Accurately and reliably visually inspects product and packages as it passes thru assembly line/fulfillment process to meet established quality standards.
5. Places product into appropriate container (box, package, crates).
6. Operates various machines such as tape or hand labeler, strapping machine, folding machine and shrink wrapper.
7. Loads or unloads conveyor belt as needed.
8. Scans packages and / or hand labels packages.
9. Accurately and reliably sorts orders by shipping method.
10. Accurately and reliably follows established lot code and expiration date control procedures.
11. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
12. Consistently meets established departmental performance metrics.
13. Performs all duties in a safe manner in accordance with Company safety policies and regulations.
14. Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
15. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
16. Other duties / responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager’s discretion.
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Ability)
Education / Trade Knowledge-
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Basic math skills.
• Must be able to read and write in English.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• This position requires up to three months work experience to become proficient in all phases of the job.
Independent Action and Judgment-
• Work priorities are established by supervisor, requires the ability to understand and follow basic instructions and the use of equipment involving few decisions.
• Ability to visually inspect product and process orders in a fast paced assembly line is required meeting production and performance metrics. Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity is required. Lifting up to 15 pounds several times a day with weights exceeding 40 pounds at a time is required. Standing is required 100% of the time. Walking is required up to 50% of time. Must wear hair nets and gloves when required. Bending and stooping required up to 30% of time. Pushing up to 60 pounds required up to 30% of time. Pulling up to 60 pounds required up to 30% of time.
Mental and/or Visual Demand-
• Frequent mental and visual alertness is required to package product quickly and efficiently. Must be able to proficiently read and write. Must be able to read and write in English. Close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus is required.
Responsibilities for equipment / processes / material / work and safety of others
• Average steady care required to prevent damage to product.
• Reasonable care for equipment / process will prevent damage.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce risk of minor injury in work area.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS
• Exposed to normal industrial environment.
• Accidents unlikely outside of minor injury such as abrasions, cuts, or bruises.
Maintains favorable working relationships with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
The incumbent must be able to work in a structured, fast-paced, multi-task, deadline oriented, stressful and demanding environment. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must be able to regularly cope with and handle changes in direction and serious pressure.
Guthy|Renker Fulfillment Services, LLC - 18 months ago