With millions of users in over 10,000 schools, Remind101 is using accessible communication technology to connect teachers with students in real time and keep parents involved. We're one of the fastest growing, venture-backed startups in education and are preparing to expand outside the US and Canada.
Backed by published research and user testimony, our product improves grades, keeps students engaged and most importantly, solves a real problem for teachers, which at the end of the day is the true enabler.
If you'd like to use your code to change education, we hope you'll consider applying. If you do, maybe you'll get a chance to meet our mascot, Jack !
* You'll be working on our Rails application, which supports our web app, hosts an API for our mobile clients and performs background queuing via Sidekiq and redis
* You'll also work on our large scale distributed application built around a service oriented architecture - help us scale our services as our product grows!
* You'll get to work on all parts of our web applications, so you'll cross between models, views, controllers and the various parts that compose a scalable web application
* Our team is small, so you'll have lots of responsibility, which includes pushing code to production on your first day (we have a tradition to uphold!)
* You'll contribute to ideas and feedback to improve our product
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Has worked 1+ year on a professional Ruby on Rails project
* Contributes to open source and the community: Github profile, StackOverflow profile, etc.
* Can debate thoughtfully!
Bonus Points For:
* Experience working with startups
* Passion for education!
* Competitive salary
* Full health benefits
* Generous equity
* Relocation to SF if you need it
* Team trips (just got back from Tahoe!) and lunches
* Open vacation policy
* Monthly Hack Days
* Trips to technical conferences
* Stocked kitchen and fridge