Full Time Custodian
Location: Rock Springs High School
Reports To: Lead Custodian/Principal
Terms of Employment:
12 Month Per Year
Part Time-40 Hours/Week
Salary: CII-0, $13.42/hour
Nature and Scope of Job:
To perform duties of operation, care, cleaning, maintenance, and security of assigned facility and site. To provide a clean, comfortable safe, attractive environment to promote the mission of the Sweetwater County School District: "Teaching Effectively - Learning Successfully"
1. Participates in a daily work schedule of building cleaning and operation.
2. Vacuums all carpets daily in area of responsibility.
3. Cleans, sanitizes, services, and restocks restrooms daily.
4. Washes windows and frames as directed.
5. Cleans all chalkboards and trays daily.
6. Dust mops or damp mops all resilient or tile floors daily.
7. Empties waste and sanitary receptacles daily.
8. Replaces light bulbs as needed.
9. Cleans student and teachers desks as directed.
10. Check daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy and minor building repairs as custodian is capable of.
11. Raises the United States and Wyoming flags at or before 8:00 a.m. on each school day, and lowers them at or after 3:30 p.m.
12 Perform such yard keeping chores as keeping the ground free from rubbish, trimming the trees, as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a sage and attractive condition.
13. Report major repairs needed promptly to the Principal.
14. Reports immediately to Principal or Director of Custodial Services any damage to school property.
15. Authorized to remain on the school premises when attendance is required by the Principal.
16. Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day. Doors and windows are are secured and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons are turned off.
17. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities as as directed by the Principal.
18. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
19. Reports any unusual conditions or malfunctioning of heating, plumbing or electrical systems.
20. Sound fire signal to alert fire department and school personnel in event of fire.
21. Report unauthorized persons to proper authority, routes or detains them, and/or calls police for assistance, according to emergency action plan.
22. Participates in in-service training programs as appropriate.
23. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Performs snow removal when required.
2. Performs weekend and holiday building checks as directed.
3. Provides assistance to building staff members on request.
4. Works at other school facilities on request.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
Previous commercial cleaning experience helpful.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience or Formal Training):
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Reading ability adequate to follow directions resulting in making effective work decisions.
Portable Power Tools
Lower body strength to stand/walk throughout work shift.
Upper body strength to lift 50 pounds and carry 50 feet.
Climb various scaffolding and ladders somewhat frequently relative to other tasks.
Moderate exposure to weather extremes of minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit to positive 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequent exposure to coal, sawdust, insulation, abrasives, and common dust. Frequent exposure to various supplies, containing hazardous materials or chemicals.
k12jobspot.com - 12 months ago
Full Time Custodian
Sweetwater County School District #1
Rock Springs, WY
- 8 days ago