Responsibilities include teaching lecture and laboratory courses in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, such as: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Fundamentals, Commercial Refrigeration Applications, Air Conditioning Applications, Electrical Applications, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Control Systems, Fundamentals of Electronic Controls, and Fundamentals of Pneumatic Controls and Energy Management.
Participation as a faculty member includes faculty meetings, student activities and office hours. Assignment may include teaching courses in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning field, as assigned during day, evening and weekend hours. Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives. Update syllabi; collaborate with discipline faculty on a regular basis to assess and revise measurable student performance indicators for each course. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview which will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years full time or full time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
- Associate's degree and six (6) years full time or full time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
- The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualifications as stated above must explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
- Valid California Community College instructor credential in appropriate subject
per California Education Code 87355 issued prior to July 1, 1990
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, and of individuals with disabilities.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Community college teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry members and advisory committees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of effective teaching techniques and assessment methods.
- Ability to engage student interest to support a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery.
- Ability to utilize technology in and outside of the classroom.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty and college on issues affecting institutional, division and campus wide programs.
- Understanding of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Contract shall be for full-time, tenure-track teaching assignment for the 2013 – 2014 academic year, beginning August 21, 2013. A teaching demonstration will be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), transcripts, fingerprint results, and tuberculosis examination as required. Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide verification of work authorization in the form of a passport, valid driver's license, or other equivalent identification, and social security card.
The starting salary ranges from $56,077 - $81,624 depending on education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits are included.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application.
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.)
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA.
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3474 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 11:59 p. m.
The college will be closed on the following dates: January 21, February 8, and February 18, 2013.
Only individuals identified for FINAL interviews are eligible to have their expenses paid. Reimbursement will be limited to economy airfare (to and from point of origin) and for meals and lodging. The maximum allocated for meals, lodging and transportation is $600. Candidate must complete a Travel Request and Reimbursement Form and submit it together with all supporting documentation to the Human Resources Office.
Compensation and Benefit Highlights
Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
The College provides a diversified insured benefit program for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Dependent medical, dental and vision insurance is available toward which both the College and the employee contribute.
Sick Leave and Disability
Paid sick leave is granted equal to one day for each month of service. Sick leave may be accumulated indefinitely. Rather than State Disability Insurance, limited sick leave benefits are available for days beyond the earned sick leave days and are paid at fifty percent.
Full-time employees contribute a percentage of their regular salary to either the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) or to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and social Security. Upon termination, STRS or PERS retirement contributions may be withdrawn in full, plus accumulated interest. Various benefit options are available for employees upon retirement.
The Mission of El Camino College is to meet the educational needs of our diverse community and ensure student success by offering quality,...