A SuperValu Pharmacist efficiently manages the operations of the pharmacy, providing prescription product and appropriate service and consultation to every customer; actively participates in and supports clinical services; interacting with other health care professionals, supervising pharmacy technicians, clerks and pharmacy interns in compliance with federal and state laws as well as pharmacy policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals
- Assists with and responds in a courteous and professional manner to questions from customers and health care professionals in regards to knowledge of prescription and health related products and issues
- Offers advice and professional consultation and efficiently handles customer complaints
- Is trained and proficient and actively participates in clinical services, advocating their use to improve patient care
- Communicates and cooperates in a respectful manner with peers, subordinates, managers, physicians, and customers in all pharmacy related areas with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Trains pharmacy technicians and abides by state regulations regarding technician training and licensure regulations/use
- Provides feedback on pharmacy technician/clerk/student performance, and amplifies their professional understanding of their role in the pharmacy
Why Work for SUPERVALU:
- Must have a college degree in Pharmacy (BS or Pharm D)
- Must hold a valid pharmacist license for the state in which employment is offered
- Ability to readily and positively adapt to changes in schedule specifications and work priorities as the business and customer needs demand
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team
- Current immunization certification or willing and able to complete certification as part of company on-boadring
Our pharmacists practice innovative and world-class patient care. Our success is the result of meaningful patient relationships, exceptional pharmacy teams and cutting-edge technology. We embrace proven, value-added business practices while exceeding our commitments to our patients, associates, communities and shareholders.
SUPERVALU will prosper through a balance of innovation and solid business decisions that enhance our operations and create superior value...