As a Residential Trainer, you will provide training to individuals with developmental disabilities. You will help them learn everyday living skills, including cooking, shopping, housekeeping, social and leisure skills, safety skills and personal hygiene. You will also assist individuals with accessing services and activities available in their community. You will also gather information and complete records as required relating to management of the residential facility. Hours will include days, evenings and weekends.
As an Overnight Support Trainer, you will provide support as needed to individuals throughout the night. You will complete records as needed and daily checklists to ensure tasks which include cleaning are completed. You will also provide transportation to morning appointments if necessary. This is an awake overnight position, with some days and weekend hours required.
Asleep overnight support trainer positions may also be available. This position includes being immediately available to individuals throughout the night, but can sleep when not needed.
1. Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license subject to insurability and may be required to obtain CDL with passenger endorsement within 8 months of hire date.
2. Must be at least 18 years old.
3. Must have a proven work history.
4. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Must have basic math skills.
6. Must have good people skills.
7. Must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people in a team setting.
8. One year working in the field of human services preferred.
Full-time position comes with a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Health (including prescription and vision)
• Cancer Insurances
• 403b retirement plan
• Monthly Cash Benefit Allowance
OCCK Inc. - 8 months ago
OCCK is a not-for-profit Kansas corporation dedicated to helping people with physical or mental disabilities remove barriers to employment,...