Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Commissioned Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of persons including Lee College employees, students, guests of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets of the college. The Commissioned Security Officer will provide assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the department’s authority. This position reports to the Security Captain and Security Corporals.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry a firearm and respond to situations appropriately.
- Patrol campus grounds and building, either by foot or in an authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to ensure that they are secured.
- Patrol campus parking areas on a regular schedule, enforce campus parking regulations, and issue citations.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; respond to requests for assistance regarding lost or stolen property, break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Contact emergency personnel (i.e., 9-1-1, Baytown Police Department, ambulance service, etc.) when necessary.
- Observe, report, and correct any irregular and unusual conditions and/or safety hazards on campus.
- Investigate and maintain incident reports of all occurrences and completes daily activities reports.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and rules of conduct on campus.
- Provide security coverage for college functions as assigned.
- Provide crowd control when necessary and/or as assigned.
- Pick up and transport deposits to the bank when needed.
- Provide courteous assistance for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed in the course of business.
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out established procedures for opening and locking campus buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Provide security escort when needed or as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor campus video security system.
- Maintain First Aid certifications as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits are available with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and periodic times during your employment.
- Subject to a drug/alcohol test prior to employment and periodic times during your employment.
- Subject to a psychological exam prior to employment.
- Must possess a Level III Commissioned Security Officer Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Must have at least one (1) year of previous security, law enforcement, correctional, or military experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holiday hours as needed.
- Must be able and willing to carry a firearm and required to handle firearm in a safe and effective manner.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.
Level III Commissioned Security Officer License from the State of Texas preferred.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: a resume .
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 9 months ago