Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
San Francisco/Bay Area CA
Full-Time Development/Grant Writer
PPSP is currently seeking a full-time Development/Grant Writer to work from a PPSP San Francisco Bay Area location. The Development/Grants Writer, working closely with the development team and program staff, develops language for multiple fundraising purposes including grant proposals, stewardship reports, appeal letters, newsletter articles and sponsorship packages. Additional duties include managing proposal submission to selected government agencies, foundations and corporations, maintaining accurate and up-to-date institutional funder records in Raisers’ Edge, and routinely reporting on the status of activities and results. The Development/Grant Writer reports to the Director of Institutional Philanthropy and is an integral part of the Development Department.
This is an exempt, full-time position, working 40 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Salary is DOE.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepares and submits letters of intent, proposals, reports, correspondence, and other fundraising-related materials such as brochures, annual reports and newsletters
- Conducts research to identify new funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, government funding programs, and other potential funding sources.
- Prepares briefing documents for senior staff and volunteer solicitors.
- Provides appropriate stewardship to funding agencies.
- Maintains tracking system for monitoring grants received proposals and reports pending, and new-prospect development.
- Works closely with program staff to develop proposals and reports.
TO APPLY: Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Development software (Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge preferred); Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
- A minimum of three years’ successful, results-oriented experience in research and proposal writing, preferably for a healthcare organization, or equivalent.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, volunteers, and foundation program officers.
- Ability to work with program staff to develop an idea into a concrete proposal for funding, including a clear statement of need, program goals and outcomes, evaluation methods, and budgets.
- Demonstrated competency in developing complex charts and figures.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good humor and a willingness to deal with and be challenged by controversy.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commitment to quality healthcare.
Human Resources Department
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
2185 Pacheco Street
Concord, CA 94520
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...