There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Assistant Professor-Online is a full-time faculty position that supports the University through teaching, service and scholarship. This position carries a full teaching load and is located in Denver, CO. This position is an on-ground full-time position which requires being physically located in Denver, CO. Non- teaching duties are detailed below:
We are currently looking for faculty with a terminal degree and experience in the following fields: Health Care Administration, Health Care Studies, Health Informatics, and Gerontology.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides academic leadership and training to support all academic programs and student success as directed.
• Provide support and leadership for program and academic discipline oversight as assigned by the Executive Dean.
• Supports faculty development by coordinating and participating in the Faculty Forum process and by mentoring and reviewing faculty in addition to other activities as assigned.
• Maintains regular office hours for students and student-facing employees; is available to speak with students and potential students to answer questions or concerns about academic and/or programmatic issues.
• Provides support for “at-risk” students as identified and requested.
• Collaborates with the management team to assist in the academic development of faculty, staff and students.
• Engages annually in scholarly activities which may include publications, research, and/or presentations.
• Creates and pursues relationships with University faculty.
• Attends and participates in academic/management meetings as scheduled.
• Collaborates with other University departments to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students.
• Engages in ongoing program review and continuous improvement efforts.
• Supports curriculum development, revision and assessment activities.
• Performs other functions consistent with teaching, service, and scholarship.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Commitment to the vision and values of the University.
• Creative leadership for new program development.
• Collaborative, results focused leadership style.
• Successful record in the field in which you want to teach.
• Strong interpersonal and communication.
• Strong organizational skills.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
• An earned terminal degree from a regionally accredited university in an appropriate discipline is required.
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Our Parent Organization: Bridgepoint Education has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...