Job Summary/Basic Function:
Lead the Honors program at Lee College which includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, mentoring, advising, and teaching honors students; developing and sustaining honors program curriculum and courses; and serving as a liaison and spokesperson on multiple committees. Teach freshman and sophomore level courses.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit students into the Honors program.
- Promote Honors activities within the college and throughout the state.
- Develop and maintain articulation agreements with service area high schools and four year universities.
- Counsel, mentor, and advise Honors program students.
- Provide leadership for faculty teaching Honors sections.
- Develop, request, and manage the Honors Department budget.
- Teach freshman and sophomore level courses in a field of study offered at Lee College.
- Commit to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
Additional duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Phi Theta Kappa faculty advisors.
- Serve on committees to nominate Lee College students for scholarships (All- USA Academic Team, Jack Kent Cooke, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s degree in a teaching field offered at Lee College or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in a teaching field offered at Lee College.
- Three (3) years of previous experience teaching and/or administering a Honors program at a college or university.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D preferred.
- Community college teaching and leadership experience preferred.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard