Job Summary/Basic Function:
Lead the Honors program at Lee College which includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, mentoring, advising, and teaching honors students; developing and sustaining honors program curriculum and courses; and serving as a liaison and spokesperson on multiple committees. Teach freshman and sophomore level courses.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit students into the Honors program.
- Promote Honors activities within the college and throughout the state.
- Develop and maintain articulation agreements with service area high schools and four year universities.
- Counsel, mentor, and advise Honors program students.
- Provide leadership for faculty teaching Honors sections.
- Develop, request, and manage the Honors Department budget.
- Teach freshman and sophomore level courses in a field of study offered at Lee College.
- Commit to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
Additional duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Phi Theta Kappa faculty advisors.
- Serve on committees to nominate Lee College students for scholarships (All- USA Academic Team, Jack Kent Cooke, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Master’s degree in a teaching field offered at Lee College or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in a teaching field offered at Lee College.
- Three (3) years of previous experience teaching and/or administering a Honors program at a college or university.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D preferred.
- Community college teaching and leadership experience preferred.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.