Job Summary/Basic Function:
This is a lead instructor position that includes developing and implementing a new Physical Therapist Assistant ( PTA ) program.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time, contract position. This is a security sensitive position.
- Develop and direct new Physical Therapist Assistant program:
- Supervise and manage full-time and part-time PTA instructors
- Develop courses
- Select textbooks
- Oversee selection of candidates to the program
- Manage student progress
- Market and recruit staff and students for the PTA program
- Establish and maintain clinical sites.
- Teach Physical Therapist Assistant courses.
- Oversee program accreditation with the American Association of Physical Therapy and SACS - COC .
- Candidate may be required to teach evening, summer, online, and dual enrollment classes.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in department and college committees and activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Must have an Associate (or higher) degree.
- Must be a licensed Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of Texas.
- Have three (3) years of work experience in the field of physical therapy and/or physical therapist assistant.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 21 months ago