- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school;
- Five years of post-master’s social work practice experience;
- Two years of experience as a community agency-based field instructor;
- Experience in doing collaborative work at the community or university level;
- A strong commitment to social work education.
- Minimum of two years of teaching and advising experience at the university level
- Minimum of two years of administrative or supervisory experience
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population.
- Expertise with program development, program administration, and program evaluation
- Experience as a university fieldwork liaison
- Expertise in working with groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Proficiency in student management systems
The School of Social Work at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Coordinate and administer undergraduate field work program for BSW students.
- Coordinate administrative aspects of the School of Social Work Credential (PPS) program.
- Teach three fieldwork seminars or social work practice courses per semester.
- Plan and coordinate faculty liaison meetings.
- Participate in team teaching of field instructor training sessions.
- Participate in coordinating graduate fieldwork program in specializations (child and family well-being, integrated health, and adulthood and aging) including development of fieldwork sites, assignment of students to appropriate placement settings, and preparation of agency evaluations.
- Plan and coordinate preparation activities for students entering field work (BSW and MSW levels).
- Work collaboratively with university departments related to fieldwork, including risk management and student financial aid.
- Represent School of Social Work at the joint university field consortium and other appropriate fieldwork entities locally, state-wide, and nationally.
- Advising, prevention, and intervention regarding fieldwork performance issues.
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications, cv (including current e-mail address), three current letters of recommendation, and a copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree. Finalists will also be required to submit asigned SC-1 form and an official transcript.
Nancy Meyer-Adams, Ph.D., M.S.W., Chair of Search Committee
California State University, Long Beach
School of Social Work
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-4602
- Review of applications to begin October 28, 2013
- Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)