Merchandisers play a critical role at Major Brands. The contributions of Merchandisers result in customers and suppliers having a favorable and lasting impression of all Major Brands’ products and increased consumer sales. They accomplish this by working with Sales Associates and Sales Trainees to place all Major Brands products in a creative, clean, and accurate point of sale manner, and position of displays in accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for performing store resets and inventory management. Merchandisers ensure that all merchandising and special selling initiatives meet Major Brands’ standards and customer needs. In addition, they are responsible for the set-up of supplier meetings, sales programs, and new product launches.
- Execution of merchandising efforts for Brand sponsored special events. Examples of events are Jazoo, sporting events, etc. This may involve working weekends. Most events occur at Major Brands but occasionally are at off-site locations (stocking of Sam’s Clubs, tailgating, holiday show)
- Develop productive business relationships with retail partners such as chain store managers, liquor department managers, product receivers, on-premise food and beverage directors, restaurant GM’s, and bartenders.
- Following up on store problems and customer concerns promptly and effectively is an essential function. Further, they must develop a standard of knowing the competition and “out servicing” them at every turn.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication is proactive and responsive to the needs of other Merchandisers, Sales Associates, immediate Supervisors and Managers.
- Merchandisers are often required to repetitively lift boxes of 20 to 40 lbs. Therefore, they must use good judgment in lifting, twisting, and bending and perform the job in the safest manner possible. They must be in compliance with company standards and state and federal laws (e.g. OSHA, etc.)
- Required to maintain a violation-free driving record and Class E license.
- Must have reliable vehicle. (car allowance is provided)
- Consistently may operate a manual or electric pallet jack in building sets or stocking merchandise. Good depth perception to judge distance and space relationships is required in this position.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience working in a grocery setting or merchandising experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills. Communication must always be professional and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of diverse customers. Merchandisers must be proficient in using various communication tools and technology to keep customers, peers, and managers apprised of their efforts.
- Must have the ability to work in an unsupervised environment and have the consistent ability to prioritize responsibilities and work effectively while dealing with a variety of requests throughout the day.
- Superior research and follow-up skills are important, especially when dealing with customers.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer systems and be able to access and navigate the Internet.
- Able to work flexible hours and available for overtime should a need arise.
- Experience operate pallet jacks and other material handling equipment a plus.
- General Safety.
- Material Handling equipment safety.
- Lifting of objects up to 60lbs.
Major Brands - 9 months ago