Job Summary/Basic Function:
Teach freshmen and sophomore level Microbiology and General Biology courses.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate may be required to teach evening, summer, online, and dual enrollment classes.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in department and college committees and activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time, contract position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.
Teaching experience in Microbiology courses at an institute of higher education.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.