Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of persons including college employees, students, guest of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets of the college. The Security Officer will provide assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the department’s authority. This position reports to the Security Captain and Security Corporals.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol campus grounds and building, either by foot or in an authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to ensure that they are secured.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and rules of conduct on campus, including issuing parking citations when appropriate.
- Provide security coverage for special college functions as assigned.
- Provide crowd control when necessary and/or as assigned.
- Write security reports.
- Open and close campus buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Pick up transport deposits when needed.
- Respond to calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED )
- Must possess a current driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least one (1) year of previous security, law enforcement, or related work experience
- Night, weekend, and holiday hours required
- Level II Non-Commissioned Security Officer Certification from the State of Texas is mandatory
Level III Commissioned Security Officer Certification from the State of Texas preferred
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 17 months ago