Grimco was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 41 locations across the USA and an international sales division, focused on the Caribbean and Latin America. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
We are proud to be voted Vendor of the Year for the 4 th year in a row by our customers in both the
FASTSIGNS and Signs by Tomorrow nationwide franchise networks! We have recently been named Vendor of the Year by our customers in the Signs Now franchise network, and are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing released annually by CollegeGrad.com
What Makes GRIMCO special?
What Separates the Good from the Great at GRIMCO:
- Were excited for our 139th year in business! We have a stable, growing company that continues to evolve with our industry.
- We promote from within - our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have GREAT team members coast to coast, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
Determination; competitive drive; eagerness to learn all facets of our company; strong desire to provide exceptional customer experiences; constant preparation for future leadership; hunger to make an immediate impact on a solid growing company. This is what we seek in our Distribution -Teams!
Warehouse Associate- Owensville Distribution Team
Manufacturing/Production/Distribution employees coast-to-coast start on a Temp-to-Hire basis with our Local Staffing Partners.
Job Description - Responsibilities/Activities including, but not limited to:
Job Requirements - Skill Sets and Experience Necessary Include:
- Teamwork is key!
- Pick and pack orders of signs & sign supplies by hand (without an RF scanner), in preparation for shipping to customers. Attention to detail is critical!
- Load and unload delivery trucks, both by hand and using sit-down forklift.
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments come in.
- Perform Accurate Cycle counts and regular Inventory.
- Ship and receive orders, use the UPS World Ship program and Varsity system.
- Cut custom size product pieces for customers using saw and shearer.
- Maintain equipment, trucks and warehouse.
- Use AS/400 data management system to track orders and answer questions for team members and customers alike.
- Assist couriers and delivery drivers with manifest information and work to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Perform duties using a safety-conscious attitude, improving safety knowledge of all employees.
- Motivate by example - partner with warehouse employees to perform daily activities, and continuously improve performance.
- Streamline warehouse set-up, procedures, etc. to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Oversee team timecards and safety standards compliance.
- Positive, effective interaction with customers/coworkers/suppliers, etc.
- Communicate effectively with office personnel (CSRs, Sales Reps, Management, etc.).
- Other duties as necessary (cleaning/sweeping warehouse, maintenance, special projects).
NO CALLS, PLEASE.
- 1-10 Years Warehouse experience in any position. Prefer previous leadership of small team.
- Computer literate: Printing tickets, UPS Worldship, IBMs AS/400 data management system, MS Office Suite, email, internet navigation.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. solo regularly - both lateral and overhead.
- Ability to stand and walk for a full work day. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Ability to give direction to team, as well as delegate duties.
- Experience driving a sit-down forklift - MUST be previously certified.
- Comfortable with tools and power tools. Comfortable with taking measurements.
- Accurate in work - attention to detail. Flexible in duties.
- Safety Conscious at all times.
- Clean-cut appearance and ability to interact with individuals from all backgrounds.
- Strong work ethic - dedicated to getting the job done.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to take and PASS pre-employment drug screen test.
- Clean criminal and work background histories.
- Interest in growing with Grimco - potential overtime hours, and supervisory duties in the future, etc.
Hours for this role are available 7:30am - 5:30 pm Mondays through Fridays.
Additional hours and/or days based on demand. Hours are not flexible - schedule is set.
Grimco - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard