If you have not yet graduated and are either currently in your final year or term of a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program, or are within one year of having obtained your degree, then you are eligible to apply for one of our New Grad Software Engineer/Developer positions.
Do you want to define what PLAY means on the web? We’re currently searching for New Grad Software Engineers for our locations throughout North America who can bring Zynga’s games to the forefront of the industry. Whether it’s in our Web and Mobile Games Division, or in our Platform and Systems Division, Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's largest games, they deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, web technologies, and massive scalability. Like other companies facing explosive growth, Zynga faces a number of challenges—but many are unique to our situation: the large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions. Zynga software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front end, back end, and architecture roles.
By applying for our Software Engineer position, you will be considered by our recruiters for all software engineering opportunities across Zynga's many engineering teams. Here are some of the areas we’re currently considering candidates for:
Zynga Games: Web & Mobile Game Development
Zynga Infrastructure: Platform and Systems
- Performance: Games are only as good as the way they perform so we dedicate a pod of engineers to focus solely on supporting the game across multiple areas. This could be optimizing the loading funnel, building tools to speed art creation, building a particle VFX system or refactoring the build system to support pushing code to 10,000 servers in 10 seconds. Your work won’t be confined to any one place; the problems will vary and will continuously challenge you. You won’t be alone either; you will learn and share best practices across all our other games on a regular basis.
Regardless of whether you are focused on front-end or back-end technologies (or both!), you can be assured that you’re working on various aspects of bringing our games to hundreds of millions of people around the world!
- Systems Engineering: Systems engineers build simple, survivable, high-availability network systems, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases. The work that systems engineers do at Zynga also contributes to the open source community and delivers compute infrastructure at Zynga scale.
Let’s build play!
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong object-oriented skills preferred
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to game design and development experience (academic, employment, or personal)
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS is a plus!
- Facebook, Google+, iOS, or Android development experience is a plus!
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- If you have a link that exhibits your work, be sure to include that in your application.
The Benefits & Perks:
About Zynga Inc.
- Health Benefits: Zynga pays 100% of benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for all U.S. full-time employees and 75% of their dependents’ premiums.
- Free lunch, free dinner, and all the snacks you’ll ever want or need. Zynga workers are a well-fed bunch. Our great culinary staff provides meals for our entire workforce five days a week.
- Zynga employees receive an abundance of cool freebies and gear all year long!
- Dog-friendly! Every day is “bring your dog to work day.”
- Relaxation lounges! Unwind with ping pong, foosball, or an assortment of arcade games, console games, and more
- Personal health and wellness: Onsite massages, haircuts, and reflexology are offered at certain locations. We also provide free gym memberships for full-time employees at certain locations.
Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is the world's leading provider of social game services with more than 305 million monthly active users playing its games, which include FarmVille, Words With Friends, Matching With Friends, Scramble With Friends, The Ville, Bubble Safari, Ruby Blast, Draw Something, Zynga Slingo, CastleVille, CityVille, Hidden Chronicles, Zynga Poker, Zynga Bingo, Zynga Slots, Empires & Allies, The Pioneer Trail, and Mafia Wars. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif
Zynga - 15 months ago