IN SUPPORT OF STAMIS PDSS
is responsible for the elicitation, analysis, and documentation of customers’ Information Technology (IT) requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Serves as Functional Analyst on Standard Army Ammunition System-Modernization
- Defines and documents, analyzes, and manages, requirements.
- Develops use cases, supports software testing and working on project teams.
- Participates in requirement development planning sessions.
- Develops, writes, and communicates functional and non-functional requirements for the implementation of IT solutions. Document discussions, meetings and agreements. Support a liaison relationship with business partners in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Assists in assessing client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying priorities.
- Investigates problems reported through the help desk
- Frequently works with other members of a project team.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be familiar with relational database concepts, client-server concepts, and requirement management tools.
- 5 to 7 years experience.
- Maintain standards compliance for ISO 9001 and CMMI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience facilitating communications between a technical staff and a community of users.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs.
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret Security clearance.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA).