About First Data First Data is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, First Data powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small.
Our 25,000 employees are industry experts helping businesses simplify payment processing and improve the customer experience with our broad portfolio of solutions, including: Credit and Debit card issuing and acquiring, STAR® PIN-Debit Network, Point of Sale Terminals and deployment services via our subsidiary, TASQ Technology, Gift Card and Loyalty Solutions, TeleCheck® Electronic Check Acceptance Services, MoneyNetwork® Payroll Distribution, eCommerce and online banking solutions, world-class security services like our new TransArmorsm STAR® CertiflashSM Solutions, and more.
First Data. Beyond the Transaction. " > Job Description
First Data Government Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Functional Lead/Business Analyst in New York State with experience in state government consulting. Work will be performed at client facilities in Albany, NY. If you have demonstrated BPR and requirements management experience, review the Candidate Requirements below closely.
You will be responsible for delivery of the required set of project deliverables, while complying with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines affecting State of New York Information Technology projects. As a First Data Government Solutions Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering on all contractual commitments and for growing and expanding First Data’s value in order to secure change orders/amendments.
The First Data Government Solutions philosophy is to hire experienced, motivated individuals to the organization; not just to specific projects. Therefore, while the first engagement would be specific to this state of New York opportunity, your next engagement might be as a Senior Business Consultant gathering system requirements for a large-scale Health and Human Services project. Or, you may be the Project Manager overseeing an IV&V effort.
Our expertise sweet spots are:
In addition to project specific duties and when not deployed to a project, you will also be responsible for supporting the Enterprise Services Center of Excellence to help mature the consulting practice and deepen First Data’s presence in targeted markets. This includes assisting with methodology and practice guide refinement, proposal preparation, consulting training development and delivery, project start-ups and project health checks.
- Planning and feasibility studies
- Procurement Support
- Project Management Support
- Quality Assurance and UAT
- Independent Verification and Validation / Operational Verification and Validation
- Business Transformation, Organizational Change Management, and Training
You must be willing to travel to the State of New York for this specific engagement, and beyond that, to other locations dependent on the needs of the organization at the time this project concludes. Job Specific Responsibilities
The Functional Lead will be responsible for the following duties:
o Builds and focuses teams
- Leading business process redesign efforts
- Assisting the state and/or Systems Integrator in gathering systems and business requirements for stakeholders
- Performing fit/gap analyses for possible technology solutions
- Providing Organizational Change Management services including organizational redesign support
- Complete personal deliverables efficiently and on time
- Estimate level of effort and timing effectively
- Focus on customer experience and service for internal and external customers
- Distribute application and process knowledge and mentor team members on areas of expertise
- Identify opportunities to improve the processes and quality of work products Candidate Requirements
- 10 years experience in business process redesign
- 10 years experience with requirements management
- Demonstrated experience working with architecture-based approach to requirements analysis
- Demonstrated experience using Business Process Management and Requirements Management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to plan and facilitate presentations and client meetings, and guide the First Data and client Teams in developing required deliverables and work products.
- Capability and willingness to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, shifts in direction and priorities, both from a client and internal perspective.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with First Data leadership principles:
o Inspires and engages others
o Drives customer success
o Accelerates change and innovation
o Delivers operational excellence
First Data - 5 months ago
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...