Functional Test Engineer
We are currently seeking to further strengthen the Integration & Test Engineering team with the addition of a Functional Test Engineer. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop both simple and complex tests and perform Alpha, Beta, Integration, Regression and System testing on a wide variety of communications products.
Minimum skill requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 1+ years of related experience with emphasis on Functional Testing and Integration testing
- Experience in testing during different development phases from Alpha testing and Beta testing to system/regression testing
- Able to conduct usability product testing and analysis to ensure the highest level of product quality, interactivity and end-user functionality.
- The ability to create, organise, execute, and verify complex test cases (sometimes based on specifications delivered by design engineers).
- Capable of working in an agile team environment without micro-management. Able to be self-motivated have initiative.
- Delivers results on time, leading to the release of verified products into the production/manufacturing environment with an exceptional level of quality.
- Detail-oriented, methodical and thorough. Good organizational skills with ability to track, prioritize and follow through numerous tasks.
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor, as well as working with both a local team of developers, and remote teams located internationally.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English. Spoken French an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of testing methodologies and problem solving skills for both software and hardware issues (which can include collaboration with developers).
- Experience with automated testing using latest tools available is an advantage.
- Have the ability to participate in the creation of test scripts and test harnesses in various programming languages (bash, awk, PHP, Java, Python, SQL, etc.).
- Plan, design and develop test specifications and test requirements for manual as well as automated testing of the company's products.
- Write test cases and record test results in tools such as Mantis, TargetProcess, etc. Ensure that test results are logged with clear descriptions, replication steps and possible workarounds.
- Configure computer hardware and software (installing operating systems, virtual machines, computers, peripherals, software, networking, cabling).
- Ability to use audio/test equipment and assess audio quality.
- Ability to use several operating systems (Linux , Mac OS X, Windows).
- Basic knowledge of the telecommunications industry, IP standards, and Voice-over-IP protocol.
- Participate in technical reviews including documentation, software, and hardware.
As a member of our team you will be frequently interacting with our Engineering, Marketing, and Production departments in order to meet the requirements of all of our internal and external customers so flexibility and good communication skills are also key to this role! HME Clear-Com is committed to building a company where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive.
Clear-com, an HME company, is the world's best known name in mission-critical, high-performance voice intercommunications. With over 40 years of experience we offer more than 200 products to customers worldwide, in the broadcast, live entertainment, military and public safety markets. Our products are used at NASA research facilities and TV studios around the world, and grace the stages of placese like Broadway and the London West End. To find out more about the company visit our website at www.clearcom.com. The R&D department (based on Montreal’s south shore) offers a start-up company type environment and a healthy mix of personalities and skill sets. We are currently looking to fill a critical position in order to take on a number of significant product development projects and strengthen the company’s already prominent position in the market.
Clear-Com - 18 months ago